Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Utilities for Harbinger TLE 5.5 (NT version)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcantr

MIS
Jun 13, 2002
US
Are there any utilities available (commercial or home-grown) for Harbinger's (Peregrine) TrustedLink Enterprise Mapping workbench on Windows. Specifically, I am looking for some way to get a cross-reference list of what application fields (from flat-file) or literals are mapped to the X12 target fields.

There appears to be no way to produce a machine readable file of this information. The only way now, is to print the commands list report and create a cross-reference by hand!

You are right on that one.

Any other utilities you are looking for?

Finally gave up and scripted my own. Am now able to search for literals and store fields used in commands, print the application layout records (and include input application data with it), and a few other things. Still need more.

Should be an easier way! One problem we encounter is "one off" maps. If later you want to reincorporate that map back into the "master" map, there are no utilities to show the differences between the two. So I guess that should be an enhancement for "Inovis" -- utilities and a change control system for the products.

Perhaps a new Product Manager is needed?

We will see about Management changes as they settle into their new organization.

I'll be evaluating the Power.Enterprise software soon, I hope that it has alot more functionality along these lines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back