Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

utf-8 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobjm

Technical User
Jul 8, 2015
US
using Eudora 7. When receiving mail sent using char set = utf-8, multiple spaces get converted to
          Â
ascii value = 194
how can I prevent or fix this conversion?

Eudora has never supported utf-8, I'm afraid. It was (and remains) a known limitation of the software.

There is a plug-in that is supposed to partially address this, but I can't vouch for how effective it is, or whether it would address your particular problem.

The problem occurs on 2 different apps on my phone. Tried sending the email to browsers, both Firefox and IE, neither solved the problem.
I'll try the plug-in.
Others have suggested asking sender to change, but I do not think Facebook would change because I asked.
thx

>multiple spaces get converted to

Well, the evidence indicates that it is actually multiple non-breaking spaces.

The plug-in works. Have to invoke manually,but that is OK.
As for those who have suggested trashing Eudora for a better email client - well, except for this issue, I have not found an email client that is better.
thx much for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back