Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UTAM Failure 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

subjectdog

Programmer
Dec 26, 2007
I have an old MICS that lost power for about an hour on friday and ever since the companion phones are no longer working and i'm getting a UTAM failure on my alarm set. When i connect to the system remotely and try to re evaluate the run now option is greyed out and it says that its disabled. anyone know what would cause this or how to get the companions back up?

the phones are showing that they are registered.

thanks in advance

You need to get new UTAm codes from nortel, I cant remember the phone number,its been a few years since I had to input UTAM codes.

no I think they ask you for the serial on the machine, they will see that you had them already and give you new ones.

Thanks, i'll give it a shot...are they looking for the serial on the companion or the Norstar?

I was under the impression that Companion was dead and that Nortel was no longer generating any UTAM codes. Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Just clear the alarm. You have XC (expanded) software and anytime there is a power failure you will see this alarm as the system is looking for Companion sets on ports 13 & 14. Companion is discontinued so the alarm is just a nuisance and does not indicate a problem with the system.

Brian Cox
Brian Cox Telecom Services

Rlsabin is correct; no more Companion keycodes. I believe you have no option to get those Companion sets up again.

I have used North Star Remote Utilities, Voice Mail manager to trick the companion.You will need the last Utam codes that were entered into the system. So far this has worked for me on an Mics and an opt81c. And yes no more Utam codes from Nortel. The product is end of life.if this does not work the customer will need another solution.

RKDavis Wilmington,NC

I use the install procedure becuse the re-eval is greyed out in programming. I just enter the last utam codes.

RKDavis Wilmington,NC

Sorry for the typing and spelling errors, pollen is killing me, I use NRU ver 11.

RKDavis Wilmington,NC

its all good RKDavis. I appreciate everyones feedback and i'll let you know if Nortel lets me get a code or not.

I have used past UTAM codes successfully until lately. Our only remaining Companion system would not take any UTAM code we had. It is dead.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS, ATSP/IP

It would have been a Regression code to restore key codes that had been entered.

Companion retired in 2003.

Comapanion Support retired in 2007.
Regression codes were part of support.

You will need to move to Digital Mobility System or Spectralink etc.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Thats what we are looking at now. No, have quotes back to the customer for replacement with the Digital Mobility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back