Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USR NETSERVER V.34 8/16

Status
Not open for further replies.

minu2002

ISP
Sep 1, 2003
KE
i have a USR V.34 Netserver 8/16 and need to upgrade the firmware which is currently ver 3.2.5 to ver 3.2.5.95 or 3.3 The current version of firmware doesnt support session timeout attributes which i require with my billing system.

The problem is i cannot upload the firmware to my netserver. Whenever i run the sdl program gives me connecting to server and doesnt connect. I then get an error message upload failed.

Could you please help me upload the firmware version. is there any setting on the netserver that i should be setting it. I have lost the user manuals so am stuck.

thank you

minu

This might work:

Upgrading the Total Control NMC using Total Control Manager

Question
Total Control Manager - Upgrading the Total Control NMC using Total Control Manager

Answer
1. Download the latest code of Total Control Manager from TOTALService at

2. After upgrading the Total Control Manger, download the latest NMC code to your c:\USRSuite\sdl\.
3. Extract the zip you just downloaded, into the sdl directory mentioned above.
4. Start Total Control Manager and connect to your chassis.
5. Click on Configure, Software Download
6. Put a check mark next to slot 17 (for the NMC card), and the file name should appear under the DMF/NAC column. If it does not, double click on the dmf cell block and select the file.
7. Click Start and it will upgrade the Total Control NMC
8. After it finishes you will be able to click on Done.

i have the same problem? where can i download a upgrave firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back