Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

/usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: [ID 702911 daemon.error] no variable in PDU

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgonan

MIS
Feb 23, 2005
US
I have an OPENNMS network monitor server, an added an address of a Solaris 9 server for it to monitor. I looked at the /var/adm/messages on the solaris server and see alot of this. How can I get rid of this error? I have other solaris servers and this is not the case?

/usr/lib/snmp/snmpdx: [ID 702911 daemon.error] no v
ariable in PDU received from ...

Thank you

Thank you for the response. I cannot get to that document since I don't have a sun service contract.

I tried to look up the issue but couldn't find info. What was the problem and how does that solve it please.

Thanking you in advance.

There doesn't appear to be an -f option to snmpdx. Suggestions?

thanks anyway but I don't see a relation except for the first part of the error message. The answer in the list doesn't even make sence. I have 2 servers that are being moniitored, neither with the patch installed, and one doesn't give me the error.

Thank you anyway.

Patches are important. You're stating that neither has the patches, why don't you try patching them.

perl -e 'print $i=pack(c5,(40*2),sqrt(7600),(unpack(c,Q)-3+1+3+3-7),oct(104),10,oct(101));'

I saw an error on the Opennms server for this device which is directly related. Also, this indicates Snmp V1. I will try and see about this.

SnmpIfCollector: getNextSnmpV1Pdu: finished building next pdu, num vars in pdu=0

By default, opennms is supposed to collect with snmp v2, but there is a file where you can hardcode which IP to specifically use v2. The messages have stopped relating to that.

Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back