Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Zen on Laptops - Off Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viscount

IS-IT--Management
Oct 10, 2003
GB
I am a total newbie to this ZEN stuff but it is rolled out throughout the organisation.

However I have been given 6 laptops to set up. The organsiation is (in my opinion) a little bit paranoid about security and everything is clamped down - no right click for example - the icons only appear when zen is running so when the laptops are taken off line all icons dissappear and even the start menu is useless.

Is there a setting - preferably on the client machine - that I can switch so that the icons remain when it is used offline, but is refreshed when the macihinegoes back on line..?

Thanks

Vis.

Make sure the Application objects have disconnetcable selected in consoleone that way when there is no network connection they will still be available

thanks for the tip - now plese excuse my complete ignorance but where would I find consoleone..? I cannot seem to have it find it.

Thanks

If you don't have it installed locally (best for performance) you should be able to find it on \\yourserver\sys\public\mgmt\consoleone\1.2\bin\consoleone.exe

Rule of thumb, any application that the user can make use of remotely ( i.e. Word, Excel, etc...) you want to turn disconnectable on as was mentioned above. You don't do it with everything because if a app needs to be connected to the network to work, you don't want that icon showing up on their laptop's desktop when they are remote. Could cause the end user some confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back