Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using XAJAX w/ PHP and bombing out w/ XML error - Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

southbeach

Programmer
Jan 22, 2008
US
I use PHP and XAJAX - Trying to do something I've done countless times, I have ran into a wall I cannot get passed.

Here is the XML error I am getting:
Code:
xajax debug output
Thu Oct 02 2008 08:12:04 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

ERROR: ResponseReceived: Invalid response XML: The response contains an unexpected tag or text: {data}.

Thu Oct 02 2008 08:12:04 GMT-0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

RECEIVED [status: 200, size: 639 bytes, time: 193ms]:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<xjx>
<cmd n="as" t="showArticleComments" p="innerHTML"><![CDATA[<table class="smartTable" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr class="commenthdr"><td>COMMENTS.-</td><td>&nbsp;</td><td align="right">&nbsp;</td></tr><tr><th width="10%">Posted On</th><th width="20%">Posted By</th><th width="55%">Comments</th></tr><tr><td valign="top">2008-10-02 08:12:04</td><td valign="top">GUEST</td><td valign="top">comment 1</td></tr></table>]]></cmd>
<cmd n="as" t="gotChaStringID" p="value"><![CDATA[&nbsp;]]></cmd>
<cmd n="as" t="aTextAreaID" p="value"><![CDATA[&nbsp;]]></cmd>
</xjx>

I do not know much about XML but w/ whatever little I know, I cannot find a problem with my string.

Thank you all in advance for your time and assistance!

--
SouthBeach
The good thing about not knowing is the opportunity to learn - Yours truly, 2008.

Weird ... I don't see any issues with the XML there. I also validated the XML against the W3C validator, no issues there.

You "could" try removing the space between "utf-8" and the ?> ... doubt that would be the issue. Also make sure there's no extraneous whitespace in the file.

Greg

Hello!

I ended up re-writing my PHP scripts and removed a lot of code not relevant to this routine and it is now working.

I guess that for some odd reason, one or more functions included within my "functions.php" script were causing the problem. I intend to add the functions back in one at a time and see which and why was causing the problem.

Thanks!

--
SouthBeach
The good thing about not knowing is the opportunity to learn - Yours truly, 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back