Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using word 2000 to print out typed in info onto a pre printed form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

inanna

Programmer
Aug 29, 2001
GB
I'm sure there must be an easy way to do this but I cant find it.
I have a pre printed form to fill in so I scanned a copy of the form and used it as the template in word to position the entered text correctly. I used the scanned picture arranged behind the text on the screen and positioned text boxes (some of which will be populated by an access database others by typed in input)to get the text in the right place on the form.
My problem is ... how can I get word to print out the text in the text boxes without printing out the image of the form because the form itself is already preprinted on the paper? In other words I need what is typed in printed not the graphics of the form I scanned in.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks
Inanna

So delete the graphic.

If you didn't do so this time, next time, put the graphic in the header/footer and stretch it to take up the whole page (right-click, hit format picture, click the size tab and make it letter size). Then, your form isn't in the way of your boxes while you create them either. (I always end up grabbing the graphic that way...) Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
techsupportgirl@home.com

thanks for the answer and I see what you mean but I need to do this more than once and have it automated in a way that its foolproof for others to do too. I cant expect them to delete the graphic before they print...is there a way to set word to do it automatically before it prints out the form?
Inanna

This is very simple. Leave the graphic as is. Under Tools->Options->Print, uncheck "Drawing Objects". Then only the text will print. *****************************************
Red, White & Blue: Colors That Never Run!

Kristina McCook
Senior Logistician
CACI - Automated Sciences Group, Inc.

Yeah, I'm a sucker for Macros. It's not that you weren't thinking, you were thinking too much!

;-)

I've been known to spend hours on one only to have a newbie point out in a "For Dummies" book how it was already built-in.

Doh! *****************************************
Red, White & Blue: Colors That Never Run!

Kristina McCook
Senior Logistician
CACI - Automated Sciences Group, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back