Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using WMI to configure the NIC duplex speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aladdin420

Programmer
Jan 5, 2001
US
The Network Card duplex can be 1 of the 4 following choices of speed:

- 10-Half
- 10-Full
- 100-Half
- 100-Full

Now..., by using WMI I was able to use a Win32 class to retrieve the current settings of speed on the NIC or Network Card. However, I was 'NOT' able to find a way of configuring or changing the NIC speed through WMI.

This problem is mind boggling... I'm running into many dead ends. Does anyone know if this is even possible in WMI? Is it possible to change the NIC speed from 10-half to 100-Full using WMI?

Thanks much!

-Aladdin420 = Aladdin420@collegeclub.com

Do you have any luck on search the solution? i am facing the same problem too. By the ways, which Win32 class did you use to retrieve the link speed and duplex information? I am having problem to retrieve the info using WMI too.

ckchim
ckchim@msn.com

Hey...you...it can't be done! That's the answer! I found out! So don't waste your time like I did...now u know... :eek:)

-Aladdin420

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back