Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Windows 95 GUI client to connect to management server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have finished installing Chckpoint 2000 on a Solaris Server. I have tested all routings working ok . I have used all the command line utilities to check the validity of the licence which passed.

However when I tried to connect to the management server I keep getting an error message saying "NO LICENCE FOR USER INTERFACE"

I am nearing the project deadline can any guru help please.

Regards

damanford@hotmail.com

The error "No license for UI" has got to be the most common (and annoying) licensing error I see. It would normally be caused by an incorrect license, either:

Wrong IP address/host ID.

License expired (or, if it is a 1 month eval check that the current date is less than 1 month from the expiry date)

Incorrect type of license. If you are trying to use a motif GUI you need a separate Motif license. If you are trying to use a windows GUI your license should start with one of the following features:
CPFW-FIG, CPFW-EPC, CPVP-VIG, CPVP-VEE, CPVP-VES, CPVP-VGS, CPVP-ESC.

Sometimes this can also be solved by putting in your license again with the overwrite switch: fw putlic -o host expiry key features
(If you have more than one license only put the first in with the -o switch)

If it still doesn't work then let us know what features your license has, and I'll have a look.

Jon

Please excuse me if I'm teaching granny how to suck eggs here..OK..

This may not be a License issue. It may be worth checking below:

1. Each GUI client MUST be using a static IP address.
2. This address must be listed on the server as a registered GUI client.

If this has not been done on installation you can't talk to the server. It will need you to go into the config and allocate a GUI client IP address. After that you should be able to connect with the server.

You are right that you need to set up the GUI client in that way, but if that was the problem you would get a different error, like "No response from server" or "Verify this machine is an authorized GUI client". The "No license for user interface" message is indicative of Licensing fun, although in version 4.0 there was a bug that was supposedly fixed in several different service packs.

I guess that David has solved it by now since he was nearing his deadline, perhaps he could let us know the solution he found?

Hi

Thanks for anyone who tried to help. I managed to get this sorted out and truely it was something to do with the licence.

The Management server licence I was using was actually a licence for the second server Firewall module. It was like I was using two similar licences on the same Sun server as the Firewall modele and the Management module. I managed to rectify that and used the proper Management module licence.

It's all working fine now and was just able to beat the deadline by one day.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back