Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using WHERE in dcmd.openreport

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeeThru

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2002
GB

Bit of an odd one.....

I've got a report that I'm opening using docmd and filtering the records with a WHERE clause.

Works fine normally, but I am trying to filter on a field that is not in the query grid in report data designer.

(It's the many side of a one to many link, I just want to be able to filter for Is Null or Is not Null, but only return the Single Record side)

If I try to do this, I get a popup asking for the value in the field. If I add the field to the design grid it messes things up as each record appears multiple times.

At the moment I have a calcualted field that returns a boolean value if there are sub records or not, but Iit makes big reports really slow to run.

Thanks in advance

What is the relationship between the tables and how is the boolean value calculated?

Have fun! :eek:)

Alex Middleton

Relationship is one to many on Primary Key.

The boolean bit works fine - it passes the Main recrods primary key to a function that opens the secondary table, and returns TRUE if there are 1 or more records, or FASLE if there are 0 records. However, it is really slow when doing a report with 2000+ records, especially on slower machines.

If I add the field manually, and enter the criteria in the query behind the report, it works fine. It just wont let me select the field as criteria useing docmd.openreport

I'm going to try setting the entire recordsource on the fly....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back