Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Voicemail for two phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpurc71

IS-IT--Management
Apr 24, 2007
US
I have two phones that are bridged, and I have a voicemail account that goes to extension 7790, but when someone calls 7791 and no one answers either phone I am needing it to go to 7790's voicemail. I have yet to see anything that would allow me to do that, so I am asking the people that are infinitly smarter than me for some answers.

What type of VM System do you have? I know you can do this with Octel or Modular Messaging.

voice mail system please?

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Sorry about that.......Avaya Audix

mpurc...

If you have an Intuity LX, you can add 7791 into the Secondary extension field in the subscriber form for x7790 in Audix. Then when calls to x7791, cover to Audix...the Audix system will see those digits as routing to x7790 VM box.

If you have a non-LX Audix system, what you can do on the PBX is create a vector that has the below step in it:

messaging skill xxx (VM hunt group) for extension 7790. Add a VDN that points to that vector, and then add VDN xxxx as the last point in the existing coverage path for x7791. Then when someone calls x7791, and it isn't answered after x rings, the VDN/vector will route it to VM.

That should take care of it for you.

Forgot to add in there, that I was unsure of the process if it could be done on a standard Audix.

In the Intuity Audix :
enter command: change auto-attend-routing routing-table

Incoming Called Business Holiday Day Night Alternate
Number Schedule Schedule Service Service Service
Mailbox Mailbox Mailbox
7790 bus1 7791 7791

Although using the attendant function in the Inutity is functional, it is limited. Depending on the PBX version and software RTU I suggest trying to cover the second extension to a VDN and in the vector send the call to 'messaging skill X for extension 7790'.

Jimbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back