Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using VM Pro with IMAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

rollingloy

Technical User
Feb 10, 2006
US
Has anyone gotten IMAP to work with Voicemail Pro? I have installed the Web Voicemail Component and when I type in the "netstat -a" in the command prompt, I do not see a listening port on 143.

According to the documentation, IMAP services are installed along with Voicemail Pro.

open up VM pro and go to help and about. does it show UMS licensed and does it show the IMAP server running? Mine works without a MAPI client on it.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Thanks for the tip Kevin.
It does show that I got UMS licenses, but for the IMAP Server it says STOPPED. How do I start it?

rollsloyce,

Did you ever find out how to start the MAPI Server and Web Services ? I'm having the same problem.

Thx,

Not yet. By the way, I am trying to use IMAP and not MAPI. Two different things.

Sorry typo, I meant IMAP, I know they're different. Not sure if this is the case, but you may want to double check that IIS is installed on the server you're running. Our's didn't so I'm gonna play again in a few days. I'll let you know how it went.

I got IIS installed and was able to install the Web Voicemail Components as well. In the VM Pro About section it says IMAP Server: "Stopped" I just dont know how to start it. I got a call to iCare about it. I'll let you know what I find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back