Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using VB6 with 8.5 Crystal - Problem passing multiple values

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pluck

Programmer
Apr 26, 2003
US
Pretty straight forward problem....

I have a simple little VB 6 app that allows the user to key in report parameters. The app has all the business rules in it. Everything works great with one exception.....

When I have a parameter that allows for multiple entries I can not get it to work.... arghhhh

The following two statements work by themselves but I can not figure out how to combine. In other words if I enter one value at a time I get data but if I enter both values I get nothing. Pretty sure it is treating as one value versus multiple values.

Me.CrystalReport1.ParameterFields(0) =
"Tee name;abc;true"

Above returns two rows

Me.CrystalReport1.ParameterFields(0) =
"Tee Name;pluck;true"

The above returns 3 rows....

I want to build the prompt so that I can pass both values together and return 5 rows

Me.CrystalReport1.ParameterFields(0) = "Tee Name;abc,pluck;true"

Nothing I have tried works.....

BTW - If I comment out the code I where I build the prompt and allow Crystal to prompt for the parameters I can enter the two separate values and get the 5 rows returned. So the report is set up ok. It is a matter of getting the syntax correct.

Thanks in advance.

Straight from Crystal:

"Also note that the ParameterFields property can only set a single value for each parameter (this occurs for all parameter data types). The OCX is unable to set multiple values for a single parameter field (parameter fields being able to store multiple values is a new feature in Seagate Crystal Reports 7)."

You need to make the switch from the OCX to the RDC to be able to pass multi-value parameters.

-dave

Thanks - I was afraid of this! It was going too easily!
I don't suppose you have example code for doing with RDC?

Thanks - went out there and got it....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back