Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using usr broadband router with ie5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfishman

Technical User
Jan 31, 2002
GB
I am trying to set up a usr broadband router,at the moment it is connected to an analogue modem but will eventually be connected to an isdn TA. The router is working as i can ping the isp but I cant connect through IE to any addresses. Can anyone suggest any settings on IE that might need a tweak ?

when I pinged it failed and I got a unknown host message
when I pinged 216.115.102.79 it worked fine (reply received)

You could try using the ip address instead of the url in Internet Explorer just to make sure IE is working OK. Assuming the above works without the router, then the router may be set up to block IP ports, if so make sure the DNS port 53 is not blocked. If that's OK then check if it's blocking incoming ports since the nameserver answers back on a random udp port greater than 1023.

thanks for pointing me in the right direction, altered some dns setting and it now works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back