Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using User response in another prompt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcamino

Programmer
Oct 4, 2001
FR
I want to use a user prompt response in another prompt on the same document.
Exemple :

Prompt 1 : Society ? AAA
BBB -> user choice
CCC

Prompt 2 : Persons of Society BBB : XXX -> user choice
YYY

Hi.

Business Objects does not support this..
But if you want to customize your report as per this requirement you can do through vba scripting.

All you need is to add to write the script in the before refresh event.

create user form that will look like as of BO prompt window.
And fetch the records from the dataprovider as per your requirement. It works.

But its on report level only.

Of course, you might want to try creating an alternative object into the universe that prompts you for the society. Then you should be able to prompt for the members of that society on a report level. Worked for me, at least.

Hi,

I have a same kind of requirement. I am new to BO and VBA Can any one send me the script for it and tell me how to use the VB Script Object in BO.

Thanks in advance.

hey shaym
can u tell me how to creat a user form that look like BO REPORT

Hi Shaym,

I have Customized the prompt Using VBA Script but when I am scheduling this document using the Broadcast Agent The prompt is not popping up, not only that BCA is throwing an error 0x800706be The remote procedure call failed.

Is there any specific way to schedule a Report with VBA macro that to prompting user to enter some value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back