Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using TreeView Control in A Database Environment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobber

Programmer
Jul 31, 2001
NZ
Currently I am using a Datalist control bound to an ADODC control which accesses a SQL database to create a list of servers for my application.
Users choose a server from the list which then brings up an SSTab with the servers essential data garnered from various tables in the database.
The application has now grown to include other sites, so to increase the scope, I created a Treeview control which included Country, Region, Site, and Servers linked to separate SQL tables. This part works fine.
My problem now however, is how do I pass the node.key data (server variable) to my program.
Unfortunately the Treeview control does not appear to be data aware. Previously the Datalist.boundtext property was incorporated in the SQL Statement and the Adodc control updated accordingly.
Has anybody else tried to use the TreeView control in a Data environment or encountered (and solved!) this problem??

Thanks to everybody who have been considering this problem but I have solved it.
Basicly, all that is required is to set up a global variable, pass node.key information into the variable, and then use the variable as part of the SQL statement that is passed to ADODB recordset!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back