Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using transparency when using clipping

Status
Not open for further replies.

beanfro

Technical User
Mar 17, 2007
GB
Hello people, I've using Premiere 6.5 for the best part of about two and a half years which is long enough to not be clueless but at the same time from time to time I can get caught out with a canundrum here and there.

The problem I'm having concerns as I've mentioned in the description is that when I cut up video rushes, there is left an area to filled up which defaults to black, the colour can of course be altered but what I'd like is to be able to remove the black and leave it so that the blacked out areas are left transparent.

Here are some images showing the problem and what I'd like to acheive, they've been constructed in photoshop.

Example one:
example-small-01.jpg

Example two:
example-small-02.jpg

I'd also like to point out that I use premiere 6.5 and pro 2 and I have already tried using alpha and other keying filters to no avail in both versions of the program.

One last thing, I was also wondering how one can clip video footage into angular shapes as shown below. Thanks for all your help in advance.

Example three:
example-small-03.jpg

you can use the Trackmatte key in Premiere.
Make a white box, or what ever shape you want in a document in photoshop og Adobe Titler (The video will be visible throug this white box).....then import that into Premiere.
Place it in the timeline, en place the videoclip inder it. Then apply the Trackmate key effect til the videoclip. You have to tell the effects in wich videotrack the white matte is.

Then you can repeat this with all the videoclips you need.

_______
Anders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back