Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using the Upsizing Wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

lkennemur

Programmer
Aug 19, 2005
US
Hello,

I am attempting to use the upsizing wizard under the tools menu. I need to move my database to a sql server. However, when I select use Existing Database and click next, my database isn't visible. All I can choose from in my folder is some zipped files. How can I get it to recognize a .mdb file?

Thanks,

Lesley

The question is where you are going to upsize to. You must either create and odbc dsn for an existing sql database or create a new db on the sql server. The db you are currently in will be the source.

Ok, I have never done this before and am not familiar with any of this. Could you spell it out for me or give me a link with step by step info?

I am not that familiar with this site to know all the threads. It sounds like you do not have an existing DB on your sql server for this application. This is what the question was asking you. After you do an initial upsizing, you may need to add extra tables to the SQL Server. Then you would use the existing database selection so to add the new tables to any previously created.

If this is the first upsize for the database, click on new database and follow the instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back