Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using the Splitter control 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfildes

Programmer
Jun 17, 2004
GB
I have a win form which consists of the following controls; a mainmenu, a toolbar, 2 listviews (stacked on top of each other) and a statusbar.

I've been trying unsuccessfully to add the Splitter control to aid the resizing of the listviews [hairpull2]. Can anybody suggest the steps I need to follow to successfully create the form?.

Place the menu, and toolbar.
Place one listview, and dock it to the bottom.
Place the splitter and dock it to the bottom.
Place the second list view and dock it to all.

Enjoy

Becca

Somtimes, the easy answer is the hardest to find. :)

Still under construction ...

Thanks Rebecca for your post. I'm still having a little difficulty getting this to work correctly. [sad]

My .NET project is a converted VB6 project and the controls (listview's, toolbar) were all from MSCOMCTLLIB . I've converted them to the .NET framework, and in the process I decided to make use of the splitter control. Previously I wrote my own class to handle the functionality of the splitter which worked well.

The problem I have is that the listviews when docked appear to hide under the toolbar and statusbar. I just don't seem to be able to perfect it. Have you any further idea's about this?.

Paul

try putting the two listviews and the splitter control in a panel and put the panel where the two listviews need to be and instaed of docking the panel set the anchor properties to all sides

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

What a wonderfull world - Louis armstrong

I've now resolved my problem of using the Splitter control [thumbsup2].
This was achieved by;
1. Adding a panel control in between my toolbar and statusbar
2. Anchor the panel control to all sides
3. Add a listview control and dock to bottom
4. Add a splitter control and dock to bottom
5. Add my final listview control and dock to all.

Thanks to Becca & Christiaan

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back