Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using the speaker on a 6220 s/l set

Status
Not open for further replies.

cycochris

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2004
Here's what I am trying to do. I have a school with a legend and in one of the rooms they have a 6220 s/l set on the wall. When the principal calls the room he wants it to activate the speaker so he can talk to the kids or teacher. I can make it ring to the room, but making it go to speaker is proving to be a little difficult.

As I recall, it has no HFAI feature.

Perhaps a different telephone would be better suited for the job.

The old 71xx had something like that as I remember.

One option would be to add an inexpensive answering machine to that line, and set it up for call-screening, and 1-ring-answer. Then, when the phone is called, the answering machine answers. Your principal could say "Hi, this is Mr. Morris calling, please pick up."

You could also replace the 6220 with a single-line integrated phone/speakerphone/answering machine, like Radio Shack's 43-3831 (General Electric) for $39.95.

I thought I had seen single-line speakerphones that have an auto-answer feature, but I can't find one quickly now. Just in proprietary system phones.

I'm going to install a 8110. That will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back