Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using the integration services project sql server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

calvi

Technical User
May 26, 2003
NL
I have made an Integration Services Project with the SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio with the task: Transfer SQL Server Objects Task. to copy database to another database on the same server. Now I want to schedule this task with the SQL Server Agent to run it e.g. once a week. When I make a new Job with SQL Server 2008 I don't know how to connect with the package I made in Integration Service Project.(which options.)

You should have a choice in the job step creation of which type of action to take. There are typically: T-SQL, operating system, ActiveX, replication, and the like. I'm sorry I don't have 2008 handy here, but in 2K5 the job step type for SSIS is listed as "SQL Server Integration Services Package". This changes the step dialog to accommodate the settings for calling an SSIS package (location, configuration settings, command line, etc.)

HTH.

-------++NO CARRIER++-------

Oh. Before anything else, you need to deploy your package to the server from the project. You can configure the SSIS project to create a deployment file (with a .manifest file extension). Moving all of the files from the /bin folder to the SQL server, and then double-clicking the .manifest file, should get you started on deploying the package.

with deployment I have got 2 files: the package file and the deployment manifest file.
Where in SQL Server do I have to move or copy these files? from the windows explorer? which directory (install directory or the data mdf files directory)? Then double clicking on the manifest file?

I've found it already. You can save the package with File save copy of package as ...
Thx.

You can put the files anywhere on the server, so long as you specify the correct directory for the .dtsx file in the deployment wizard. The usual folder is sql install directory\90\DTS\Packages

FWIW you should keep instance-specific packages on the file system, and shared packages in SQL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back