Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using the Ext o/p port to release a gate Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankSmith

Vendor
Aug 15, 2008
US
The customer is coming of a partner system to an IP Office. They are currently using a contact closure with the port programmed as a contact closure on the partner system. The pair going out to the gate is connected to the normally open contacts. I attempted to connected the existing contact closure device (Partner Contact Closure Adjunct 950A1) pulling it straight from the partner system and plugging it into to the relay port of the IP Office. Attempted to dial all of the default short codes *39, *40... nothing worked. I measured the voltage on the pair going out to the gate measured 4.5 vdc.

Can I bypass this contact closure device and go straight into the IP Office or do i need to get a different contact closure all together. Can anyone recommend something?

IP 500 4.1 (12)

Any help is much appreciated

Frank

You can't use the Partner Contact Closure adjunct - and MAY be able to use the raw contact on IPOffice, but I HIGHLY recommend an intervening relay. The IPOffice runs the relay which opens the gate. This isolates IPO from direct connection to gate contacts.
Mike

The leads coming from the gate are on gas shock fuses so im not so worried about a surge coming from the gate frying the system.

take the two cables going to the gate, and short them together. If the gate opens and the voltage on these 2 wires is 4.5dc then you must have misconfigured the wiring int he MIC socket relay input connector to the ip office.

If the gate does not open when you short the wires then you need an additional device.
Note that IP Office external output port does only this simple job, joins the 2 wires for a pulse or forever depending on the shortcode that you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back