Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using TAPI on a Terminal Server - devlink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stownsend

Technical User
Aug 11, 2004
US
We want to Link up all of our Contacts Phone numbers, using the CallTo: Hyperlink Protocol, on our Intranet site so Sales can click the phone number and their phone will call the customer.

We have this working well with the Avaya TAPI2 Driver, though on a Terminal Server, this only works for the one person that is Configured. I understand that I need to select 3rd party and install Devlink to get this to work propertly. Though the References I've seen use PMP on a Terminal Server. The way we have it setup is we are just using Dialer.exe, and there is no user login interface.

I alsoi understand that I need a License to use Devlink, I have the CTILink Pro, is that the right one?

Does anyone have any Experience with this?

Thanks!

You can use TAPI PRO (licensed) on each server, it is the same TAPI as you already have installed but then you can control all phones at choiche.
Add a license in manager and set TPI to third party with "password"( that may be changes) as the password.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

Download this;
You then can use callto:XXX in hyperlinks and from a dosbox.

Put the callto.exe in c:\ (root or change the script)

For the registry run the one reg file or Copy/Paste it in notepad and save the code below as .reg It's also in the download link.

Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\callto]
@="URL:Call To Protocol"
"URL Protocol"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\callto\DefaultIcon]
@="c:\\callto.exe"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\callto\shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\callto\shell\open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\callto\shell\open\command]
@="\"c:\\callto.vbs\" /callto %1"

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Bas1234,

Thanks for the info, though that's the part I have that already works. Wish I would of had your reply 10 says ago! Though does that still uses the TAPI that uses the one user login? The exe I have is dial.exe though does not allow to login as a specific users?

Thanks

From memory, the TAPI gets installed into HKEY local machine. when you install the Avaya TSP, as part of the install process it is defaulted to 1st party, so will ask you for a user / extension. When you then edit the TSP (Telephon.cpl > advanced) to 3rd party, it asks you for the IP and switch password, but still "remembers" the default entry for your extension number.

The problem with TS or Citrix, is it still references this 1st party information from the HKEY Local Machine, so picks up the first extension, but won't pick up any more.

The better way to do it is to have a machine running as a 3rd party TAPI interface to the PBX, then have your clients connecting back to that CTI Gateway service. This means you don't have to rely on TAPI in a thin client environment, and can get as creative as you want with scripts on the user machine.

Lots of CTI Vendors out there with cheap, packaged solutions, check out
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back