Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using TAPECOPY utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

maleyj

MIS
Nov 24, 2001
US
Hello all
I have two libraries, one is a Powervault 132T with two LTO drives, the other is a Compaq with two DLT IV drives. Each library is on its own controller since one is HVS and the other is LVS. I tried to use the TAPECOPY utility that came with Arcserve 2000 but have been unsuccessfull. My question is do the libraries need to be on the same controller for this to work? or is there an option not listed in the documentation i'm missing. I ask since management wan'ts to convert all our old DLT tape in the offsite tape vault to LTO.

Thanks in advance

You do not say what version of Arcserve you are using but Arcserve version 9 and before I have found that I could only get Arcserve to copy from tape to tape if the drives were on the same physical controller.

Thanks for the answer it clears up the issue for us, I should have mentioned we are still on Arcserve 2000 SP4, since our IT has been outsourced there has been no discussion about upgradings.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back