Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using tab to toggle

Status
Not open for further replies.

firsttime

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
NL
Hi,

I have an example database that used toggle button to display data (and option group , i think??).Unfortunately, it is in a ".mde format" so i can't see how it was done.

What i want is to have 4 toggle button on the top of the form like 'company, address, contact, other'. If i press down on one of the toggle button,it shows only the fields that is related to the subject. So if i press/click on the toggle button 'company' it shows only the company information (company name, title etc...)on the form. And if i press/click on 'address' it shows only address information on the form(company information is than gone or hide??????). All fields are from table Customer.

THX IN ADVANCE,

DAN

Dan,

You don't want actual toggle buttons. You could make that work but it would be duplicating a lot of effort. Put a tab control on your form. There's a property for the tab control called Style, which can be either Tabs or Buttons. Set it to Buttons and you're on your way.

Jeremy =============
Jeremy Wallace
Designing, Developing, and Deploying Access Databases Since 1995

Take a look at the Developer's section of the site for some helpful fundamentals.

It sounds like a Tab Control was used. You can have a number of different pages displayed, each by pressing a button. The default Style is a Tab, so if you want buttons, you will need to go to the properties sheet for the Tab Control and change Style to be Buttons.

HI,

THX guys , did not now it was that simple. Be back soon for more question :)

DAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back