Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using system monitor 5.0(40) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raffles666

IS-IT--Management
Dec 8, 2004
GB
Has anyone else had this problem (may just be my setup)?

Using system monitor v5.0(40) (version 3 in real money).

Remote monitor of a system other than a v3 results in that system rebooting?

Specific example - customer is on a 2.0 - I remotely watch their system with a v2.1 monitor and all is fine. I try to watch it with the v3 monitor and it reboots the remote system.

I am using an ISDN card to connect to the remote system (and have done for some time).

Old school Alchemy engineer - trying to keep up with the times :)

Sounds like the new monitor is polling the ipo for info it doesnt know how to respond to so craps itself. Have you seen the Managers folder on the v3 cd which tells you which version managers etc to use with the various software levels.

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

you should always use correct versions together, however avaya is working on a new backward compatible software release wich can be expected shortly

Software on Main unit Software on expansion modules Manager to use
1.4(xx) 3.4(xx) 3.4.16
2.0(xx) 4.0(xx) 4.0.19
2.1(xx) 4.1(xx) 4.1.15
2.1(27) 4.1(27) 4.1.27

We know about the manager issue(s) - it's even on the v3 toolkit (tech tip #52). It is the system monitor that is the problem. But thanks for your reply though :)

Old school Alchemy engineer - trying to keep up with the times [hourglass]

Sorry but there is an known issue on the s/w that is used, i.e 2.1 must be used with 2.1 and 3.0 with 3.0....I can send you a matrix of what works with what...need eamil adress..

This is shortly to be addressed on a new realese of s/w which wil be compatible with all previous versions of IPO core s/w..

but untill then...yes its un -install re-install or partition your drives!!!

[lightsaber]

I don't need to un-install or re-install etc. as I just copied the 2.1 monitor program to a seperate directory :).

Just to re-itterate - I am only talking about the system monitor program - not any others.

Thanks for the offer of the e-mail - but like I said, it's in the toolkit etc. The only issue I have is that it doesn't mention the system monitor program anywhere in it - so I was warning other people of the situation.

I have used a 3.0 manager to program 2.0 systems and it worked. Call status 3 works on lower versions. Phone Manager works on previous systems. I'm not brave enough to run a v3 voicemail on a 2.0 system - that would probably die :).

The only problem is using a v3 monitor to monitor a v2 system.

Old school Alchemy engineer - trying to keep up with the times [hourglass]

if you remove HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\FB9339B25769DB2409B6D5553C2F7673 from your windows registry you're able to install multiple instances of the admin suite, make sure you install them in seperate directories. so you won't have the remove and reinstall all the time

That is a usefull Tip Ni, although I have previously resorted to the intall, copy, uninstall, install new aproach I am sure that many people will find it usefull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back