Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Subreports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason2121

Technical User
Jul 28, 2009
US
Hello

I have different studies that have been done by our Accounting Department. There are approximately 15 tabs and they all floww into one another. I have created subreports, but not in a long time.

Is there a way to create Subreports that flow into one another just as excel spreadsheets do? I can send an attachment of the data for reference.

If you can help, thanks

Jason

If you've got SQL, you should be able to write an SQL Command (Stored Procedure) that would merge the 15 sets of data into one. That would make it much easier to handle.

Subreport data stays distinct, each subreport acting as if it were a separate program. You might be able to export them as a single unit, never tried it myself.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

I am thinking of creating reports for each tab and then using the Main Tab as the Main Crystal Report then creating Subreports using the other CR's I created with the other Tabs - Make Sense?

If this works - then all the links in excel wont play a factor because Crystal will read the data as Text for each tab.

Thanks for advise

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back