Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using subinacl to grant permissions for a shared folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsturtz

Programmer
Feb 8, 2002
US
hi,

from a previous thread i read it seems subinacl can be used to grant permissions.

net share Logs-OracleG=G:\newfolderz\Logs-Oracle /unlimited ** should make the shared folder

subinacl /subdirectories Logs-OracleG /grant=administrator@xxx.local=f ** to grant full permissions to an existing user.

the net share seems to work ok, but the subinacl command just says done:0 modified:0 failed:0 syntax errors:0, but nothing changes.

am i not getting the syntax right?

i have to add the user to the shared folder, but it is an existing domain user. i tried using 'everyone' as it is the default user, but no difference in behavior.

any pointers would be appreciated.

thanks

jim

I don't have subinacl loaded to test with, but I think you should be specifying a folder in the subinacl statement rather than a share name, e.g.

subinacl /subdirectories G:\newfolderz\Logs-Oracle /grant=administrator@xxx.local=f

It is also unclear to me whether or not your syntax for the username after the /grant= parameter is correct. Everything I've been reading indicate it should be in the form of /grant=[DomainName\]Username[=Access]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back