Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Sourcesafe and crystal creates .vb1 and .vb2 files

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8er1

Programmer
Jan 2, 2005
US
I would like to hear from those of you that use Crystal within Visual Studio and Visual SourceSafe.
Often I get .vb1 and .vb2 files created in the project and they cause havoc for the other developers, and the build process. I don't understand what is going on. But if I save a change to my crystal report, I see a .vb1 or .vb2 file in the projext explorer. Can anyone shed some lite on this. I am using sourcesafe in a disconnected way.
I go into vss to check in/out, then go to the project to work on the report.

I had this happen for the first time just recently, though I'm using Sourcegear Vault. I excluded the report from the project, then erased the .rpt and all .vb files for that report that were in source control. I then erased all the .vb1 and .vb2 files from the local copy then re-added the local copy to source control and the problem seems to have gone away.

I'm not sure how to erase the files in source control using source safe, but I figure you can probably do it. Note that only one .vb file should be there for it to be working properly(no .vb1, .vb2)

If you are not using the .vb files in your code you might try clearing the custom tool property for the .rpt file in visual studio. This prevents the IDE from generating the vb file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back