Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using SMGR 8.1.3 as for SCEP

Status
Not open for further replies.

wallot

Vendor
Jul 15, 2009
US
Hi folks

I need to setup SCEP.

I don't want to go too far outside Avaya and have read that with SMGR 8.1.3.x, SMGR can be used for SCEP.

Has anyone done this yet and if so, did you happen to document the processes? And, if documented, is that process accessible? I've been searching for something all day and though I may have run across the process, I believe I'm ignorant of what I'm reading. [bigsmile]

I read through the post from ways back when it was SMGR 7.1. Being a novice to this, the many options served to give me a headache. I would like one way to make it work, probably the simplest and least secure, then once I see it, I can branch out to the 802.1x and more secure options.

Thanks!

What phone firmware are you running? Avaya does not have the skillset to support 802.1x deployments. I am talking a year for the developers to even look at the logs. They ended up saying “not supported on h323.”

Thanks,

Yes, I'm seeing Avaya doing a lot of integrations but not supporting them lately.

If you are doing an H323 deployment Avaya's answer for any issue is to migrate to SIP. Avaya is not supporting H323 802.1x deployments. I found a bug with daylight savings where Avaya is telling the customer to change the time through the 46xxsettings file each year instead of fixing their code or migrate to SIP.

Apologies for not answering your original question - I'm using the J179 with the latest firmware 4.1.1.0.7

I'm afraid that is becoming another commonality, work around rather than correct....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back