Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using SIP lines as extra trunks? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

plug1

Technical User
Oct 7, 2002
GB
Afternoon everyone, Im currently setting up a site that only has 2 analogue lines attached to an IP 500 v1 box running 5.022 software. Im looking to add 2 SIP trunks as extra lines so that when the 2 analogues are in use they automatically fall over onto the sip trunks. Ive got the SIP trunks installed and they are registered and I can dial into them but when the 2 analogue lines are in use the third call simply waits for a line, it doesnt go to the SIp trunks.. what am I doing wrong here? Both the SIps and the analogues are on line group 0.

Did you put the unused trunks "out of service" of gave them a different Line Group ID?

I you have a ATM 4 and just 2 lines connected the it want's to go to the 3rd line which you don't have connected.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Yes mate, the 2 other analogues are in group 3 which is unused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back