Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Session Manager for IP Set Redirection on CS1000 Rls 7.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldestgeek

Technical User
Oct 23, 2008
US
Does anyone know of a good, concise document that details using session manager to replace NRS for the NCS function? I've found a few documents that gloss over the topic but seem to leave out a lot of details. Thanks.

OK, stumbled through this and got it to work on a SMG. Now I'm trying to get SRG50 sets to redirect to the MO using the Session Mgr as NCS. Anyone else gotten this to work? Thanks.

I personally haven't but from what I have heard if you imported your NRS you will have loads of issues. The best thing is to put everything in new and it is supposed to work alot better. Just my 2 cents.

I built it all new. I have it working on the SMG sites but not SRG sites.

I have it working. It's the same for an SRG as a SMG.
On the System Manager Home Page choose Inventory/Manage Elements.
Add the SRG or SMG as a CS1000 Terminal Proxy server.
Back to System Manager Home. Choose Session Manager/Application Configuration/NRS Proxy Users
Select New and enter the number pattern. For SMG you enter your HLOC, for SRG it's your usually your extension range. Select the main office from the drop down for Primary Terminal Proxy Server. Click commit to save.
Set the NCS parameters on the SMG or SRG to point to the Session Manager address instead of NRS and it should work.

We discovered that ASM 6.3 has an issue with this and NCSD service has to be restarted after any new NCS proxy users are built or changed. You also should wait 10-15 minutes for replication before restarting the service, even if the SMGR shows replication has completed. A patch is being written to fix the issue.

Good to know. We errored on the side of caution and didn't patch to 6.3 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back