Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using second form

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolfan1873

Technical User
Aug 10, 2004
US
i have my main form using the main query in the database, i have pur a checkbox on the main form that (with code) i have it also opening another form with checkboxes that are also in the main query. when i check the boxes all the checks go to the last record, i want them to stay with the record that they were entered. this database has an indexed autonumber field. i tried a subform but i don't want it visible on the main form, i really want it to open when you check the box ia added.

is there a way.

thanks

also the form that pops up when you check this box, i have disigned it with the same query.

hi

did you open the second form with docmd.openform?

if no, look up that command in help

if yes, include the unique key in the relevant parameter location (intellisense will show you where) to case second form to open at relevant record

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

i did use the docmd.openform, am i supposed to adjust the same line or add and new line with another docmd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back