Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using printer to print off Transparencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

mot98

MIS
Jan 25, 2002
CA
Hi all,

We have a lexmark optra lazer printer here, and I was just curious if it would damage it if we used it to print off overhead transparancies.

I don't think it would harm it, but I wanted to double check as I have not done this before.

Any input would be great.

Thanks, mot98..[peace]

"Where's the beer?"

It shouldn't have an issue printing transparencies. Just make sure that when you print it you go into the printer properties and select the paper type as transparency.

mot98;

Stop the presses! (pun intended). ;-)

I would check with Lexmark before doing a transparancy. Those fuser rollers get damn hot. I worked for a place once that bought new letterhead with an embosed foil logo. Ran some through the laser and gummed it all up. It melted the foil.

Ed Please let me know if the suggestion(s) I provide are helpful to you.
Sometimes you're the windshield... Sometimes you're the bug.
smallbug.gif

I`m not sure if this is still applicable now, but when I was at college (3 years ago) we were not allowed to use our own transparency paper as certain types were causing problems (melting)and so had to use the type they provided. Because of this you may need to check that you use the proper transparency paper. If your unsure....Dont do it!

Hi, I have systems with several Lexmark Optra L, R, and S models. We have used transparencies successfully with the following caveats:
1) set the Paper Type to Transparency to reduce the fuser temp (from 212(c) to 180(c))
2) verify that the media is designed for laser printing and usable with those temps
3) the older (Lexmark) models state to print no more than 50 consecutive transparencies at a time (to minimize paper jams)

have fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back