Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Phone Dialer in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjkted

IS-IT--Management
Nov 27, 2002
US
Hello All,

I am trying to configure the Phone and Modem Properties in Windows XP to dial numbers correctly for me. I have a database where all of my contacts are listed in the format (123) 555-1212. When I try to dial a number, I must dial 1 before the area code and the seven digit number. So, to dial the number correctly would be 11235551212.

I have checked all of the options in Phone and Modem Properties and have checked the boxes next to To access an outside line for local calls, dial: 1 and To access an outside line for long distance calls, dial: 1. I have set similar options in the Area Code rules, but it seems that phone dialer is still ignoring what I put in.

I have further tested this by adding very long strings of numbers such as 128091289 which Phone Dialer also ignores. How can I program the phone options to dial the one before the number?

Thanks,

s.

This may be the slowness of your phone system. did you try putting "," after the 1? you mat need more than 1. The comma is a pause for modems to get dial tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back