Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using parameters in Crystal 8.0 RDC with Delphi 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwesson

Programmer
Apr 10, 2000
CA
Has anyone had any luck getting this to work at all?<br><br>About the only thing I can do is select the report I want to print and print/preview it? <br><br>What I really want to be able to do is locate any parameters in the report and then set the values for them... but everytime I do that I get a &quot;Type Mismatch&quot; error! I don't understand, as my report parameter is a Date (also tried Date/Time) type field and the value I'm passing to it is a TDateTime field (TDateTimePicker)?<br><br>Anyone had any luck with parameter passing in CRW 8 / Delphi 5?<br><br>Paul

I have just upgraded to version 5 but i use the following syntax and it seems to work

crpe1.ParamFields.add('CDV', '');
Crpe1.ParamFields.value := PARAMSTR(5);

cdv = crystal param

and i am just passing a dos param into the project

hope this helps.

Ps - are you finding delphi 5 using the vcl a lot slower than delhpi 3.

Peter

I tried using this code but i kept on getting access voilation errors for some unknown reason did you find other way of doing it. Any help would be good

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back