Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using parameters for multiple values

Status
Not open for further replies.

VBAnewguy

MIS
Jan 28, 2003
US
I am trying to use a parm in my select statment, to limit records returned by the report. Right now, I have a parm set up to ask the user for a reporting period (month) and the report returns only data for that period. So, currently, if the user wants more than one period of data, they can select each period in the "enter parms" window (I have allowed for multiple values).

I would like to create an option so the user, when promted for the parm, can simply select "all" to get all 12 periods of data, or select an individual, or multiple periods. I am having a hard time figuring out how to accomplish the ALL scenario. The Period field in the database is a number.

Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks,

Please Disregard, found faq767-3825 and that did the trick... I was unaware that I could use If/thens in my record selection... live and learn.

Thanks,

Might want to look at "Show SQL Query" and see if your if then else got translated. I know in my cases using CR 8.5 with Oracle, I got more records than was needed because the if..then..else selection was not included resulting in a full table scan.

I just checked the SQL and things are looking good. I am on Crystal 10, maybe that will make the difference.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back