Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using ODBC to create Foxpro 2.6 Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shelly

Programmer
Sep 8, 2000
US
Will using the Visual Foxpro ODBC Driver set to free table directory, no nulls, etc. allow you to create a Foxpro 2.6 table?

Since my 2.6 drivers no longer work, what are my options?
Shelly
web@interiormall.com

Shelly,
I don't believe so. Since the structure for 2.x .DBF's is well documented, perhaps a small program module could be written to create the empty file when required. What kind of application are you running the ODBC drivers from?

Rick

My client is using CYMA accounting software and using the export option of a report to write the data to a 2.6 table which my program processes to create a detailed report not available in the accounting software.

Shelly
web@interiormall.com

I believe that exports create new tables and cannot append to an already existing table. Therefore, I need the ODBC driver to create a 2.6 table. I will probably have to modify my program to read a different file type and export to Excel or something similar.

I thought it might be possible to use the dbase drivers instead, can 2.6 read dbase IV or V tables?
Shelly
web@interiormall.com

foxpro is very dbase friendly that should work ,but simpler solution may be availible. if you can simply export you data to a fixed with ascii text file then you can import from foxpro with append from <file> type sdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back