Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using NT Authentication with ASP 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorajc

MIS
Mar 1, 2002
US
I am having problems with

logon = Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")

It does not seem to be working. I tried to display logon just to see if it was getting a value and it appears not to be getting a value. After some research I removed the Allow Anonymous Access and it still does not seem to work pass a value.

The page loads fine.

AJ
I would lose my head if it wasn't attached. [roll1]

try this
right click the webpage
and click permissions.Add users to that whom u wish to give access. Go to IIS. select Basic Authentication
and then try

ogon = Request.ServerVariables("LOGON_USER")

That did not work it prompts me to log in but what I was looking for was the Username that they logged into thier PC with. Even after logging in it still did not display anything.

I am using IIS 4. if that helps any.

I found this in another post

Select the Directory Security Tab and edit anonymous access and authentication control.

Make sure anonymous is unchecked and integrated is checked.

But I think this is for IIS 5 not 4. AJ

Forget it found the answer. My fault. Thanks. AJ

What we call around here an "interface error" when the problem is between the chair and the keyboard.

The problem was the function was being called incorrectly it was like one letter off. So it never displayed the information.

Actually unchecking anonymous access and checking Windows NT Challenge/Response works and you do get the NT user name. AJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back