Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using .NET DLL in 4.5.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjbcoetzer

Programmer
Aug 19, 2004
ZA
Hi All,

I need to make use of a DLL developed using C#.NET. I create the ETD with success making use of the .tbl interface created by .NET when making the DLL accessible for COM/COM+ applications. I have tested the .NET DLL in VB and all the functions works fine. I wrote my JAVA collaboration rules and compiled them with success. When I run the Adaptors, I get a exception error and I think it's got something to do with the .NET DLL. Could someone please help !!!

Regards,

Pieter

The Exception:

Code:
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): *** Trace Mask Changed From 0x00000000-0x00000000 To 0x00000000-0x000000F4 - log file is on ***
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): Configuration for ew_OK_iBus_ODS
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information):      Workslices: 1
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information):      Collab: col_OK_iBus_ODS  Rule: cr_OK_iBus_ODS (1)
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information):          Input Topics: 1
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information):              Msg: et_JMS_OK_iBus - IQ: <none> - Cntrl: Yes Def: No
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information):          Output Topics: 1
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information):              Msg: et_ODS_DLL - IQ: <none> - Cntrl: No Def: No
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): Collaboration col_OK_iBus_ODS is about to run, waiting for start signal
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): Collaboration col_OK_iBus_ODS got start signal, running the collaboration
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): ServiceMain(): Started
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): EBobConnectorProperties.loadConfiguration(): Loaded property: General_Settings.Connection_Type=Topic
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): EBobConnectorProperties.loadConfiguration(): Loaded property: General_Settings.Transaction_Type=Internal
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): EBobConnectorProperties.loadConfiguration(): Loaded property: General_Settings.Delivery_Mode=Persistent
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): EBobConnectorProperties.loadConfiguration(): Loaded property: General_Settings.Maximum_Number_of_Bytes_to_read=5000
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): EBobConnectorProperties.loadConfiguration(): Loaded property: General_Settings.Default_Outgoing_Message_Type=Bytes
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): EBobConnectorProperties.loadConfiguration(): Loaded property: General_Settings.Factory_Class_Name=com.stc.common.collabService.SBYNJMSFactory
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): EBobConnectorProperties.loadConfiguration(): Loaded property: Message_Service.Server_Name=localhost_iqmgr
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): EBobConnectorProperties.loadConfiguration(): Loaded property: Message_Service.Host_Name=localhost
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): EBobConnectorProperties.loadConfiguration(): Loaded property: Message_Service.Port_Number=24053
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): EBobConnectorProperties.loadConfiguration(): Loaded property: Message_Service.Maximum_Message_Cache_Size=100
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): EBobConnectorProperties.loadConfiguration(): Loaded property: connector.type=COM
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): EBobConnectorProperties.loadConfiguration(): Loaded property: connector.class=com.stc.eways.com.ComEWayConnector
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): EBobConnectorProperties.loadConfiguration(): Loaded property: COM/DCOM_Configuration.ProgID=ODS_iBus_Breaker.iBus_Breaker
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): EBobConnectorProperties.loadConfiguration(): Loaded property: COM/DCOM_Configuration.Hostname=Localhost
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): JCS: Java collaboration translate threw a com.stc.common.collabService.CollabConnException!
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): *************** Exception occurred **************
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information):  toString: com.stc.common.collabService.CollabConnException: [col_OK_iBus_ODS] JCCollabControllerImpl JCCollabControllerImpl::translate(): Error in calling firstTime inTranslate

ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information):
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information):  getMessage: [col_OK_iBus_ODS] JCCollabControllerImpl JCCollabControllerImpl::translate(): Error in calling firstTimeinTranslate

ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information):
     ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information):  StackTrace:
com.stc.eways.com.STCComException: COM Exception: 0x80070002 - Creating component of progid ODS_iBus_Breaker.iBus_Breaker: [COLOR=red]The system cannot find the file specified. [/color]

at com.stc.eways.com.STCDispatchDriver.create(STCDispatchDriver.java:54)
        at com.stc.ODS.BreakerDLL.ODS_iBus_Breaker.initialize(ODS_iBus_Breaker.java:645)
        at com.stc.jcsre.JCollaboration.newInstance(JCollaboration.java:79)
        at cr_OK_iBus_ODSBase.createInstances(cr_OK_iBus_ODS.java:40)
        at com.stc.jcsre.JCollaboration.initialize(JCollaboration.java:46)
        at com.stc.common.collabService.JCCollabControllerImpl.initializeJCollaboratorExt(JCCollabControllerImpl.java:1232)
        at com.stc.common.collabService.JCCollabControllerImpl.firstTimeInTranslate(JCCollabControllerImpl.java:1217)
        at com.stc.common.collabService.JCCollabControllerImpl.translate(JCCollabControllerImpl.java:433)
com.stc.common.collabService.CollabConnException: JCollaboration.newInstance(): Exception in calling new/initialize() methods in ETD of instance (Key) name iBus_ODS Class Name: com.stc.ODS.BreakerDLL.
ODS_iBus_Breaker;
Exception:
        at com.stc.jcsre.JCollaboration.newInstance(JCollaboration.java:84)
        at cr_OK_iBus_ODSBase.createInstances(cr_OK_iBus_ODS.java:40)
        at com.stc.jcsre.JCollaboration.initialize(JCollaboration.java:46)
        at com.stc.common.collabService.JCCollabControllerImpl.initializeJCollaboratorExt(JCCollabControllerImpl.java:1232)
        at com.stc.common.collabService.JCCollabControllerImpl.firstTimeInTranslate(JCCollabControllerImpl.java:1217)
        at com.stc.common.collabService.JCCollabControllerImpl.translate(JCCollabControllerImpl.java:433)
com.stc.common.collabService.CollabConnException: [col_OK_iBus_ODS] JCCollabControllerImpl (initializeJCollaboratorExt) Error in initializing the User  Class class cr_OK_iBus_ODS

at com.stc.common.collabService.JCCollabControllerImpl.initializeJCollaboratorExt(JCCollabControllerImpl.java:1235)
com.stc.common.collabService.CollabConnException: [col_OK_iBus_ODS] JCCollabControllerImpl (firstTimeInTranslate) Error in      calling initialize method of user class class cr_OK_iBus_ODS

at com.stc.common.collabService.JCCollabControllerImpl.firstTimeInTranslate(JCCollabControllerImpl.java:1220)
com.stc.common.collabService.CollabConnException: [col_OK_iBus_ODS] JCCollabControllerImpl JCCollabControllerImpl::translate(): Error in calling firstTimeinTranslate

at com.stc.common.collabService.JCCollabControllerImpl.translate(JCCollabControllerImpl.java:439)

ew_OK_iBus_ODS (Information): *************************************************

Hi there,
don't know if it makes sense at all, but have you registered your COM proxy object?

aCat...

The DLL is correctly registered. I can access all the functions via VB and it returns correct values. I think it might have something to do with the fact that it is not a DLL registered in the DLL Server, but that it is registered in the .NET cache. When I do a dependency check on it, it returns that it makes use of mscoree.dll witch is the handle used for the Microsoft .NET Runtime Execution Engine.

I can build an ETD from the .tbl file. The Connection Point is set up correctly (ODS_iBus_Breaker.iBus_Breaker), but it seems that when it starts up and tries to access the .NET DLL via the .tbl interface, it does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back