Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using MultiSelect Listbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

dulla

Technical User
Feb 3, 2003
Hello. I am having trouble using a multiselect textbox. Initially, i was using a regular combo box to capture information for clients. In the combobox, only 1 value could be selected from the list. I currently have 40 clients that have only one value recorded for the 'business type' field.

Now i have changed the combobox to a listbox and selected 'extended' value for the multiselect property.

1) when i select 1 or multiple values for any records, no values get saved to the tables. values only get recorded when 'none' is selected for the multiselect value for the listbox.

2) for the previous 40 records that have existed, i cannot see any values selected for the records in the forms, but they are recorded in the tables. how would i get them to display in the forms?

is there any code that needs to be implemented to organzine the data or specify any kind of itemsSelected collection for the field? Please let me know what i need to do to use a multiselect listbox. thanks

ameen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back