Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using multiple CSS links simultaneously

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckdesign

Technical User
Sep 21, 2001
US
I am working on a site that needs to have two simultaneous treatments for its rollovers. In my CSS file, I've created two sets of link styles. See:

and my CSS file:

The top row of links (starting with "Firm") is supposed to simply change color on rollover; the second row of links (starting with "Institutional") should have a colored background box appear in the hover and active states. It tests OK in IE 6 and Netscape 8 (PC) and Safari 2 (Mac). But in IE 5 (Mac), the background boxes do not show up except for visited links.

Normally I wouldn't stress over just the IE 5 (Mac) audience, but my client needs it to work in all browsers. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thanks.

Quite frankly, your script does not work on my Mozilla either. Pseudo classes need to be applied in a correct order to work properly. As you have them right now for the navbar, the :link overrides the :hover and :active states. Since you did not specify :visited, it works when visited. Switch up the styles and it will work.

:link
:visited
:hover
:active

Or LoVe HAte.

Thanks, Vragabond! I changed the order of the pseudo classes in the CSS file to what you suggested, and now it works beautifully in IE 5 (Mac) and in Firefox (Mac). That was a big help! :-D

Chuck

-- Chuckdesign :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back