Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using MSForms controls in VB.Net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookiereporter

Programmer
Mar 16, 2004
US
I am using the combobox control of the MSForms.dll library in a .Net application. The runtime properly creates a AxHost base class to host the ActiveX object but when I run the application and click on the drop down arrow, nothing happens!!!! I just dont know what to do - tried everything that I knew. Please help!!!

Thanks

thats why we recommend to stay away from activex. whats wrong with the normal combobox, or what do you want it to do? probably autocomplete or multicolumn?

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

If you want to get an answer read this FAQ faq796-2540
What a wonderfull world - Louis armstrong

try this

or try downloading the vb.net resource kit and install componentone they have a reasonable combobox that does autocomplete. or wait for VS2005

Christiaan Baes
Belgium

If you want to get an answer read this FAQ faq796-2540
What a wonderfull world - Louis armstrong

Thanks for the tip. I used this ActiveX control and everything was working fine - albeit I installed it on the client machine and the problem cropped up. Then I removed some of the references in my project that were not needed and BOOM I was able to re-create the error. I am although not able to put my finger on what in the world went wrong when I removed teh references.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back