Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using ms access with sql server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

edmund1978

Programmer
Jan 25, 2001
GB
I've just installed a windows 2000 server machine with ms sql server 2000. I have been trying to connect to it from ms access on a win 2000 pro machine using a project. It connects to any database ok, but when I try and edit or create anything (a table for example) it says I don't have exclusive access and will not be able to save any changes. Completly new to this, so is there something i should have installed on the client machine or setup first?

It could be a problem when other aplication is using the same database. It could be query analyzer, enterprise manager, oother instance of Microsoft Access. John Fill
1c.bmp

ivfmd@mail.md

It's only jsut been set up, and i know i'm the only one trying to access it

If it was enterprise manager, how would I sort it out?

Is the error comming from Access or SQL SERVER?

I doubt it's from Access. Go to the MDB file, right click the mouse, go to perperty, and uncheck "Read-only" if it is checked.

It is also possible that other persons are using the application while the database is set to be "Exclusive" mode, which mean the first one who opens the database can change it, others cann't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back