Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using more than one submit button

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjack46

Programmer
Jul 29, 2013
AU
I understand it is possible to use more than one submit button in a form, with different 'Name' or 'Value' attributes, in order to perform different functions on the next page visited. I have looked this up on the web but found conflicting ways of doing it. None of which seem to work. Basically I want to have 'Update', 'Delete' and 'Cancel' buttons on the form in order to perform the required function on the next page.

Any idea on the code for this.

Hi

jjack46 said:
None of which seem to work.
Show us such code and explain how is not working.

All the examples we could show you are certainly already out there on the web. So I think the problem is in how are you trying to do it. Show us.

Feherke.
feherke.github.io

You don't say how you are processing the output of the form but sending the info to a Perl script, you could use:-
Code:
<form action='script.pl'>
<input type='submit' name='submit' value=''Update'>
<input type='submit' name='submit' value=''Delete'>
<input type='submit' name='submit' value=''Cancel'>
</form>

Keith

The sites I looked were very inconsistent and confusing but I've worked it out now. Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back