Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Microsoft Word Mail Merge with Lotus Notes 6.03

Status
Not open for further replies.

BethanyG

Technical User
Apr 20, 2004
US
I'm in the process of changing over users from Outlook 2000 to Lotus Notes 6.03. The problem is many of these people use Microsoft Word/Mail Merge to send out large emails, 1,000 addresses or more, with Outlook. I tested Mail Merge and Lotus Notes and everything worked except that Mail Merge creates a new email in Lotus Notes for every address in the distribution lists and you have to click send on each email to have it go out, pretty annoying when you are sending to 1000+ people. I am using an Excel spreadsheet which contains all of the email addresses and a simple word document for the text of the email. I'm assuming that this is a security feature that is built into Notes. Has anyone else experienced this problem and found a work around for it? My users are already nervouse about switching email programs, I don't want to have to teach them a new mail merge program also.

Thanks for your help.

I've bumped into the same problem but haven't found any usefull solution yet. If I do I'll posted it here!

Sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back