Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using Merge in Corel Wordperfect 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

haecceity

Technical User
Oct 5, 2009
GB

Hi, we recently had an upgrade in our office and Corel was reinstalled.

We are part of a testing laboratory so we compile and type test reports often. Because of this, one of our former empolyees set up templates of our test reports using merge. It works this way: open Corel, press "enter" and "F9" simultaneously and a dialogue box appears with three options, "Create Data," "Create Document," or "Perform Merge". Pressing the "m" key (For perform Merge) brings up another dialogue box with options for what document/template to merge. After browsing for correct test report template to use pressing "enter" brings it up.

At each step of the test report which needs information entered, doing so then pressing "F9" takes the cursor to the next area for information to be entered. Our reports can be very long and complicated so this is, as you can imagine, quite handy.

Except . . now that the upgrade has gone through the "F9"/Merge option is gone. "F9" now brings up the "Font" dialogue box.

Nobody seems to know how to deal with situation. I'm hoping someone here may have an idea as to how to set it back up again.

Any takers?

~Michelle

Michelle,

Could it have been a custom setting in the WordPerfect 8 equivalent of WP9's Tools - Settings - Customize (keyboard) and either an alternative keyboard or a custom setting for the F9 key?

You might also try Corel's newsgroup for older products at corel.wordperfect_older_versions.

Don

Hi Don,

I checked this out myself. F9 is allocated to "Quick Find" (although when actually /in/ Merge it brings up the "Font" dialogue box) and I can't find anything else that looks vaguely like what was set up before.

I'll check out the Corel newsgroup - cheers for the info!

Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back