Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using luxadm command to check/enable fast writes V880.

Status
Not open for further replies.

froggger

MIS
Apr 2, 2003
CA
Can anyone offer an example of the correct syntax for luxadm to display if it has fast_write enabled on any of the disks in an enclosure and then how to enable this. I am trying to figure out the commmnands but am having a hard time. Command syntax type (for enabling fast_writes) luxadm -v fast_write -e pathname and (to display disk status) luxadm -v display enclosure,dev pathname

Froggger - sorry I don't know the answer, but it's often quicker to post these questions in the Sun:Solaris forum rather than here ( Forum60 ). I know this is officially 'cross-posting' but think it's legitimate enough in this case. Good luck.

@frogger

are you running "fast write cache" (1) or do you want to enable "fast write" on a SSA disk (2)?

if 1) sorry I can't help
if 2) is only supported on old SSAs according to man luxadm

Best Regards, Franz
--
Solaris System Manager from Munich, Germany
I used to work for Sun Microsystems Support (EMEA) for 5 years

I installed Solaris 8 on a Ultra 5 Workstation. After the install I couldn’t use the Mouse, so I went into the boot prompt and accidentally set the keyboard to "false". I get the message "keyboard not found". I did a Stop-N to reset the NVRAM to it's default settings but, it wouldn't reset since it can't find the Keyboard. What are my alternatives? Also, would buying a New Flash chip do the trick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back