Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Using LogOnServer in VB for SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

karenmierkalns

Programmer
May 10, 2001
CA
I am using Crystal Reports v4.6, and I need to connect to SQL Server via logonserver. I am also trying to use logoninfo. I have done something like this:

intServer = .LogOnServer("P2soledb.dll", "server", "database", "username", "password")

(I read at the seagate website that that dll is being used, but has problems -- I have not been able to track down what other dll I could possibly use for SQL Server).

So, since the seagate website admitted that there are problems with that dll, that I should use the connect property. However, I also read that if I want to use SQL Server, that I need logonserver.

I ended up trying this:
.LogonInfo(0) = "server"
.LogonInfo(1) = "database"
.LogonInfo(2) = "username"
.LogonInfo(3) = "password"

(I don't know if this is the correct syntax..I am reaching, here).

If that is the correct syntax, how to I run the report, or "save" this information? I cannot use logonserver because it is now missing parameters (the dll that I cannot track down).

Is there an easy way to do this? Again, I am using Crystal Reports v4.6 (for a reason - otherwise I'd be using v8.5), and it must be for SQL Server.

Thanks a lot.
I don't know what else to do here, and I can't use ODBC. - Karen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back